Sunday, October 2, 2016

"I'm Not Overweight. I Don't Need To Work Out!"


"I'm not overweight. I don't need to work out!"

You might think to yourself, “Wow, I don’t have to work out. I’ve had a high metabolism all of my life. I’m slim. I have never been overweight. I’ve never had a problem with it. I’ve never had to work out before. What do I need to work out now for? I’m good.” Au contraire! Everyone needs exercise and we all need to work out. No matter what your metabolism or weight is. We need it simply because it boosts our immune system, builds muscle and improves its tone, and builds strength. It also truly reduces stress, and is great for complete, overall health, mental and physical. So, even someone like myself, who tends to have a high metabolism, or low to average body weight, needs to work out. It’s just good for total body health.

Some people may say, “But I’m active. I’m out every day, going to and from work. I work up a sweat doing heavy housework, keeping up with my kids, and I get a lot of walking in when I do my shopping.” All that is great, and it shouldn’t be discounted, but it’s not enough. Housework, running after the children, and shopping are all good forms of moderate exercise. But everyone’s body needs more than that to keep our hearts healthy, and to maintain good muscle tone and strength.

Our bodies need different forms of exercise, aerobic and anaerobic exercise, to stay fit.  Aerobic exercise is keeps your cardio-respiratory system fit, such as walking, dancing, jogging, biking, and swimming. Anaerobic exercise strengthens the muscles and joints, such as strength training, stretching, and short distance running (sprinting). A well balanced program of both aerobic and anaerobic exercise, based on an individual’s fitness level, is important to maintain a healthy strong body.

You owe it to yourself to find or make the time to work out. Seriously, just 30 minutes at least 3 days a week can improve the length and quality of your life. You found the time for excuses, didn’t you? Cut it out! Live stronger and longer.

Regular exercise boosts immune systems and releases toxins (fights diseases), creates stronger bones (fights arthritis), improves muscle tone (less wrinkling and sagging), increases lung capacity and oxygenation of the blood (healthier organs and greater brain function), and reduces stress (healthier body, greater mental function, and calmer moods). Now, who wouldn’t want that?

Check out the following sites for more information: