- 1 and 3/4 cups* all-natural organic coconut flakes (not that plastic-like processed junk)
- 3 and 1/2 cups* distilled water
* You can adjust the amounts in a 1:2 ratio (1 part coconut flakes to 2 parts water) for the yield you prefer. The above amounts will yield approximately 3 cups of milk.
- Add the coconut flakes to the distilled water in a high-powered blender (e.g. a Vitamix).
- Blend for approx. 2 minutes to extract the healthy oils as well.
- Pour into a nut milk bag in a deep bowl.
- Carefully lift up the bag and, with very clean hands, squeeze out the solids.
- Pour into a large mason jar (or a suitable container with a lid), cover with wrap, and seal tight.
- The milk will be warm, so refrigerate promptly.
- Shake well before using.
However, my personal suggestion is to use it within 24-48 hours for optimum freshness.